I was looking over the "2007 Gift Guide" at treehugger.com and found a great resource for "sustainable caviar" at The Little Pearl. I'm not a big caviar buyer but I do love it now and again. I have this wonderful mother of pearl serving set - small bowls and spoons for each person and a large bowl to serve the caviar in (as shown below). I can't wait to use them once again on New Years Eve!! As part of my endeavor to go green (as much as possible) resources like treehugger really help out.
Here is a little excerpt from their site -
* Our caviar is best in class from sustainable fisheries and environmentally sensitive farms
with pristine water and wild shrimp for feed that produces unparalleled tasting caviar.
with pristine water and wild shrimp for feed that produces unparalleled tasting caviar.
* The Little Pearl is a member of Seafood Choices Alliance, Slow Food and the Edible Communities.
* Our growers employ best management practices to maximize the welfare of the fish and quality of caviar and fillets.
*Our rigorous product selection process investigates the quality of caviar, its availability year-round for freshness, the sustainability of fisheries, water source quality, and caliber of production managers and master salters.
(My Caviar Serving Set)
_
Serving - The large mother of pearl bowl is placed in a larger bowl of ice with the caviar inside. I also place the small bowls alongside in the ice to keep the small bowls cool (this isn't necessary but I like to assure the caviar will be kept at the right temperature). Each person dips out the caviar with their small spoon into the small bowl. I have heard it isn't necessary to use mother of pearl or glass to serve but to me it wouldn't be the same without it.










0 comments:
Post a Comment