Someone recently posed the question - What is your favorite Olympic event to watch? For me this is an easy one -- swimming. So as you can imagine, I have been in absolute heaven this past week. Watching Michael Phelps, and Dara Torres, in particular, and with the magic of my digital recorder -- I haven't missed a race. I can cut through all the fluff and commercials -- enjoying each exciting second.
Michael Phelps has defied the odds and is pure magic in the water. I've leapt right out of my chair a few times, as I'm sure many others did, during his races. The most decorated Olympic Champion of all time, and he has such a likability factor about him.
Dara Torres, age 41, with those incredible abs, inspires utterly. I saw a quote of hers that went something like this -- “When you hit the water, it doesn't know what age you are.” I love it!!
_
I should also mention that I really love watching the diving competitions as well. When Guo Jingjing of China takes the springboard, whether in synchronized or individual competition -- I am spellbound. Her grace, beauty, and skill are unsurpassed. I know that she has been dubbed the "Diving Diva", but she delivers flawless dives time after time.
_











0 comments:
Post a Comment