Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Garden and studio news


Welcome back to Boxwood Cottage everyone!
We had the warmest April since weather records here in Nothern Germany and the garden has changed so much during the last month. My bleeding hearts are blooming since 3 weeks and the Alliums are already in bloom as well. Normally they bloom a few weeks later.



I enjoy my Alliums so very much year and year again and can't wait for them to become bigger and bigger until they have the size of the head of a new born child.

Also the lilac I've planted in a huge pot on my deck is blooming beautifully this year and the clematis alpina at the fence to my neighbors garden too! They both are blooming in a soft pink and look so great together.



Here is a picture of my potting corner which I use a lot these days, I have already planted most of my summer blooms in hanging baskets and terracotta pots and have spread them out all over my little garden. As always you can click on all of my photos to enlarge them and see more details.


Below is the view from behind the sitting area in the shady back of my garden, under the Maple tree, in direction to the cottage. This is the best place to sit and chill when the temps get really hot.


The last week we luckily had a few rainy days after 4 sunny and dry weeks and the garden became so very green. I soon have to cut all my boxwood hedges again, which is a lot of work because I have so many of them in the front and back yard.


Well now let's change the subject from the garden to my studio. I'm never sure, what I love more, the garden or the studio but I think it depends of the weather these days. In winter it is my studio for sure.




I embellished a papier maché heart to make a gift box for the jewelry I made and soldered for my friends 15 years old daughter's confirmation yesterday.



Luckily for me and her she loved it all and wore her new jewelry right away :)



In the next photo you can see a new addition to my studio. It's an old printers drawer that my mum has used in the 70ies and 80ies. I can still remember it hanging on the wall in our living room when I was a teenager. She had it hidden in her basement ever since. I think it is a faboulus storage for all the small things in the studio. Instead of hiding them in boxes I can see them all the time now and can be sure to be inspired.


I have just started to fill it up and bring it back to life again.



Last Sunday I finally hit our outdoor flea market again. We had beautiful sunny and warm weather and I found some awesome treasures. I didn't find the things I was searching for though, like old sewing baskets filled with wooden spools and beautiful scissors and buttons, but I'm very happy with my finds all the same:



I especially love the wooden chest of drawers which I think was used by a watch maker in it's former life. I'm going to use it to store all my glasses and jewelry bit's in the studio in it.



I'm also quite fond of Vintage top hats. This one is my second now and it came in the original gorgeous Vintage box:



I further found lot's of small things like old lace pieces and cabinet cards and the Vintage chocolate box filled with small treasures:


So that's about it for this post. In my next post I'm going to share with you the may basket I made for my swap partner as well as the one I got from her and of course all the other garden and studio news.
I wish you all happy May days dear blogging friends and readers!
xoxo Carola

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...