_
_
_
I have special songs for all five of my kids. Occasionally I fire up iTunes and begin playing one - which always brings them running. Well to be honest, my two oldest sons don't quite respond the same way they use to, but the three younger ones do. They still think that they will live in our house forever, and never want to leave home, or mommy, but of course they will - and that is as it should be. My oldest son Benjamin just had his "bon voyage party" over the weekend, and next Friday I will pack him up and drive him to his new apartment a few hours away - where he will attend more college and do community service work in exchange for free room and board (what a deal). But where did all the time I thought we had left go? I am so proud of him and all his choices. I cannot even begin to express how talented and wonderful he is. I know he will go out into the world and make it a better place, but as the party wrapped I found myself feeling a little melancholy. So this morning I queued up my youngest son Andy's special song - It's Lovely Day, by Bill Withers - and turned it up as loud as I could. Within seconds he was in the kitchen, along with everyone else, and we danced the morning and my blues away. 1 down 4 more to go.
_






0 comments:
Post a Comment